Thursday, July 25, 2013

Inq28: Paint Progress and Freehand

One more day and I can stop painting until 1:30 in the morning...

...I mean, I've got more done, yay!

Seriously though, I've made significant progress in the past two days and thought I'd give everyone one last peek before the final strokes of the brush are done.

Lets get a quick list of what's done:

Storm Troopers

Cyber Mastiff

Tech Magos

Assassin

What needs to be done:

Last touches on the bases of the finished figures

Flesh and touch ups of the Arbite, and his base

Flesh, blends and detail work on the Inquisitor

Final touches of the display base

 

Some significant points of interest since the last update:

Dai...you made a simple comment that made me go back and evaluate the armor on the Storm Troopers. Dangit. So Tuesday night, I mixed a burgundy glaze, and gave the grey-black blends and parts of the armor a hint of color to add some interest to it. This just goes to show everyone that I do actually take the feedback you give, that I asked for, to heart and try and look at each suggestion with an objective mind. Thanks Dai!

I added those subtle and simple touches of freehand to the Storm Troopers and the Assassin. I'm contemplating on adding a freehand "brand" on the right side of the Mastiff too, if there's time.

All in all, I know it seems like I have quite a bit left to do, but I've got a solid plan in place and will actually be finished by midnight tomorrow. I'm happy with how everything is turning out so far and can't wait to see it in the case with all the other entries on Saturday.

So he's the real question for everyone... Do you want to see the finished squad before Games Day when it's finished, or after Games Day when we find out how I do?

- Tim

 

3 comments:

  1. Oh you tease. I vote for after. More excitement that way. Best of Luck! Stiff competition this yet from what I've seen around the interwebs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Afterwards, with it's winner's certificate/plaque next to it. :)

    That wash was a really good choice. Less flat than standard blacks/greys. Black afterall is rarely just "Black".

    I think the brand idea for the mastiff is a cool one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As much as I want to see it now, I can wait until after you have a prize to post with it.

    ReplyDelete