Friday, July 13, 2012

The Golden Brewmeister?

Needless to say, long hours at work and my wife going in for surgery this past week have put a stymie on not just hobby time, but blog time as well. So two weeks out from Games Day Chicago, and I'm just now able to work on Golden Demon entries, much less trying to keep up on posting at least one worthwhile thing a week!

So what am I working on? What's with the barrel above?


A very good friend of mine went to England a few years back, took the obligatory trip to Warhammer World and Bugman's, and brought back a special figure for me. The Brewmeister himself, Bugman!

This figure is an exclusive casting that is purchasable only at Warhammer World, and when painted up by the Eavy Metal team, looks like the above. When primed, it looks like the below.

For those of you who are fairly observant, yes, I did intact clip off the pointing hand that comes standard on the figure, and grab a hand holding a tankard of ale from the quarrelers box to give the mighty Bugman something to drink. You'll also notice from the first picture, that I put together a custom base for him as well. The figure comes with that small scenic base in the painted picture, but mine was a little warped, and quite frankly, I wanted something more. Plus, I wanted a way to use the axe that he comes with as well as the stool he's wielding. So why not make it a part of the base? After all, I could see a drunk dwarf wielding his stool in a bar brawl even though his axe is only a few feet away!

Ultimately, I'll be painting the figure in the three different pieces you see above, the base, the axe for the base, and Bugman himself. A big challenge for this project won't necessarily be the figure itself, but all the faux wood grain I'll be attempting to paint.

Yes, this does unfortunately mean that the Mechanical Pegasus is once again on the back burner. Not because I don't want to do it, but time and life has factored against me once again. Ah well, at least I get the chance to paint this amazing and exclusive figure my friend was able to bring me!

Anyone else planning any entries into Golden Demon entries?

- Tim

 

2 comments:

  1. Nice! I'm looking forward to seeing it come together - good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it :) Hopefully it turns out half as good as it looks in my head ;)

      Delete